While it is my firm belief that the iPhone 3GS 16GB is an antique, word on the street says the 16GB iPhone 3GS is now $97 at WalMart. WOW!!!!
Now while I’m not a fan of phones with:
- Non removable batteries
- No flash (software or camera)
- Non-standard charger cables
- Closed, fenced off and unyielding OS code and app store
- (+ many other Android fanboy favorites)
I will say one thing… $97 IS ONE HECK OF A DEAL FOR AN IPHONE 3GS!
You can also make me admit that at this price it makes sense for:
- A Low cost smart phone option
- People who can’t wait till the new iPhone drops
I will also go on record saying at this price I would have picked this up instead of my wonderful Nexus 1.
$97 is a GREAT deal or is it??? A couple of things stuck out as I dug deeper into walmart.com’s offering…
- Not sold online (ok I get it)
2. “Prices in Store May Vary” (now it gets interesting). Does this mean that the price may change due to a contract?
Does this mean that depending on where you live you may have to pay more or less for a stale Apple?
Either way, I would suggest looking into this if you are looking at a deal on an iPhone but; If you have the money look into a Nexus 1, Incredible, or Evo
**Images located on walmart.com: